This podcast is a recording with Dr. Clif Mims, a professor at the University of Memphis and the Executive Director of The Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence in Memphis, Tennessee. On September 30th and October 1, 2010, The Martin Institute hosted it’s first education conference, featuring two keynotes and 36 breakout sessions for area educators. This is the first educational conference I’ve attended where EVERY conference session was streamed LIVE over Ustream, and also archived for later viewing. Links to these sessions are available or are being added to the conference wiki, and are also available on the conference Ustream channels. It was also unique for one of the keynotes to be presented via Skype from an educator located on another continent. Tom Barrett from Nottingham, England, (@tombarrett on Twitter) presented about inspiring and engaging students with writing for an authentic audience using blogs. Clif discussed lessons learned from the conference, the unique opportunity the Martin Institute has to bring digitally blended professional development opportunities to educators throughout the south-central United States, and the GREAT doorprizes given away at the conference: Five new iPads and three new Flip cameras!
- The Martin Institute
- The Martin Institute Conference Wiki (with links to presentation resources)
- Twitter posts on #micon (Martin Institute Conference)
- Clif Mims professional website
- Clif Mims on Twitter
- Clif Mims blog: Clif’s Notes
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- A Fourth Grader is Inspired by Oklahoma Artist Danny Gordon - 2013
- Congrats Brad Wilson: iRig Mic Winner for Sharing Student Media in September - 2011
- Podcast381: Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom - 2011
- Podcast361: Be Like Google (as a school community) - 2010
- Podcast360: Say YES to WikiPedia by Philip Cummings - 2010
- Podcast359: PODDY Training: iPod Touches in the Early Childhood Classroom - 2010
- My TeachMeet Tennessee Shares on Digital Storytelling and Balanced Filtering in Schools #tmtn - 2010
- Audioboo: Favorite family web 2.0 app by @clifmims #tmtn - 2010
- 2010 will be an interesting year for Oklahoma educational politics - 2009
- RIAA lawsuits are not constructive responses to P2P file sharing - 2008