This podcast is a recording with Dr. Clif Mims, a professor at the University of Memphis and the Executive Director of The Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence in Memphis, Tennessee. On September 30th and October 1, 2010, The Martin Institute hosted it’s first education conference, featuring two keynotes and 36 breakout sessions for area educators. This is the first educational conference I’ve attended where EVERY conference session was streamed LIVE over Ustream, and also archived for later viewing. Links to these sessions are available or are being added to the conference wiki, and are also available on the conference Ustream channels. It was also unique for one of the keynotes to be presented via Skype from an educator located on another continent. Tom Barrett from Nottingham, England, (@tombarrett on Twitter) presented about inspiring and engaging students with writing for an authentic audience using blogs. Clif discussed lessons learned from the conference, the unique opportunity the Martin Institute has to bring digitally blended professional development opportunities to educators throughout the south-central United States, and the GREAT doorprizes given away at the conference: Five new iPads and three new Flip cameras!
- The Martin Institute
- The Martin Institute Conference Wiki (with links to presentation resources)
- Twitter posts on #micon (Martin Institute Conference)
- Clif Mims professional website
- Clif Mims on Twitter
- Clif Mims blog: Clif’s Notes
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- A Fourth Grader is Inspired by Oklahoma Artist Danny Gordon - 2013
- Congrats Brad Wilson: iRig Mic Winner for Sharing Student Media in September - 2011
- Podcast381: Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom - 2011
- Podcast361: Be Like Google (as a school community) - 2010
- Podcast360: Say YES to WikiPedia by Philip Cummings - 2010
- Podcast359: PODDY Training: iPod Touches in the Early Childhood Classroom - 2010
- My TeachMeet Tennessee Shares on Digital Storytelling and Balanced Filtering in Schools #tmtn - 2010
- Audioboo: Favorite family web 2.0 app by @clifmims #tmtn - 2010
- 2010 will be an interesting year for Oklahoma educational politics - 2009
- RIAA lawsuits are not constructive responses to P2P file sharing - 2008