Last month on September 18th, the first student-organized TEDx event took place in Redmond, Washington. Some of the student presentations are now available on the TEDxRedmond website, under the “live” tab. These include the following nine minute presentation and song by Zoe Sprankle, who is the daughter of noted Maine educator Bob Sprankle. The title of Zoe’s presentation was “Impact, Effect and Purpose.”
Check out Bob’s great podcast of audio interviews with presenters and parents of presenters from TEDxRedmond. The podcast is 93 minutes long.
Zoe’s blog is “Footprints on Paper.”
Seeing and hearing Zoe present makes me look forward to our “Student Voices” strand in the K-12 Online Conference this year! The conference begins tomorrow with Dean Shareski’s opening pre-conference keynote!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podiant: A Great Platform for Podcasting and Migrated Podcasts - 2017
- Shelly Fryer on Classroom 2.0 Live - Saturday October 15th - 2016
- FREE Open Mic Webinar on Digital Storytelling: Saturday Oct 11, 2014 - 2014
- Student-Created Sequoyah Book Reports, AudioBoo, iPads and QR Codes - 2012
- 4th Graders Interview Michigan State Representative Al Pscholka - 2011
- High Stakes Tests do NOT encourage a 21st Century Skill Focus - 2010
- Help needed with Packeteer and Videoconferencing - 2008
- Connecting our world and our generational responsibility to do better - 2008
- Refreshed VoiceThread and Parent Permission form - 2007
- Join our skypecast: When Night Falls discussion! - 2006