Warning: This is a geeky WordPress call for help!
Anyone have suggestions for how to successfully export posts from WordPress 3.01? This feature isn’t working as advertised for me. I’m wanting to export just posts in 1 category so I can import feeds into BookBrewer. I can’t use just my site feed, even for the category I want, because there are 347 posts in the category. WordPress 3.0 ostensibly supports exporting in advanced ways, for specified date ranges and for single categories. My export works fine for my oldest posts, in 2003 – 2005, but not anything newer. Any other exports I try don’t yield any post content, just what looks like post tags or categories. I’ve read a few posts (here and here) that there’s a reported bug with WordPress 3.0 exporting, and I’ve tried some workarounds, but nothing has helped.
I’m not sure if I have a corruption in my database or if this is a problem with the WordPress export feature. I’m inclined to think the problem is with my database. I’ve repaired and optimized in pHpMyAdmin, and even installed my WordPress locally with MAMP and a downloaded backup of my mySQL database. (It took me a ridiculously long time to figure this out because of the need to change the site URL and password issues, but I finally did it.)
All of this to no avail.
If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear them.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 7 Part VideoConference Course: Mapping Media to the Common Core (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014) - 2013
- Best iOS Apps for Audio Recording & Sharing (Oct 2012) - 2012
- The Digital Shift eConference Tomorrow & More iPad eBook Authoring Apps - 2012
- 1:1 in a High School Science Classroom - 2009
- More Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Reconsidering boundaries on K12Online Presentation Mirroring - 2008
- PD Reflection and Reflection on Cell Phones as Classroom Learning Tools - 2007
- Controlling the Learning Environment - 2007
- Come and get them: 18 new k12online07 enclosures - 2007