Greyson Chance is a twelve year old from Edmond, Oklahoma, whose 3.5 minutes of YouTube fame at a local church talent show singing a Lady Gaga song in April 2010 catapulted him to the Ellen Show and a musical recording contract. According a tweet by Ellen last week, retweeted by Greyson, he’ll will be back on her show next week, on Tuesday to debut his new single. This 1.5 minute video from a week ago provides a small window into Greyson’s studio recording experiences.
This past July for the Oklahoma Creativity Institute, organizers tried to contact Greyson to see if he could present for teachers. They were not able to get in touch with him, but learned he reportedly has the same New York agent used by Madonna. His new website (www.greyson-official.com) looks very professional, and is powered by the commercial CMS Microgroove. Greyson now has over 280,000 followers on Twitter, and over 230,000 followers on YouTube.
One of my 5th grade students from last year told me Greyson is no longer attending Edmond Public Schools, but is being homeschooled as he travels to and from his California studio. Life can change quickly for young singers with musical talent in the 21st century.
For more background about this situation, see my past posts:
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader (14 May 2010)
- YouTube can change your life: Just ask Greyson Chance (26 May 2010)
- Greyson Chance, YouTube, Lady Gaga, Paparazzi, Ellen and Jesus (16 May 2010)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Podcasting Legacy of Bob Sprankle and The Scholars of Room 208 - 2017
- Daily Blogging and an Ode to RSS - 2017
- iPad Green Screen Video Creation - 2015
- Mastery Grid with Openly Licensed Icons - 2014
- Podcast384: Michael Wesch at Heartland eLearning 2011 - 2011
- Homegrown YouTube Clone Websites in Schools - 2010
- phpBB for my School Reform Book Forum? - 2010
- MacBook Air Digital Lust - 2010
- How I create and publish podcasts - 2009
- PollEverywhere Polls and Results from KATE - 2009