This reminds me of the pride I’ve heard some Texans share about how their legislature only meets bi-annually. (Every two years) This cuts the opportunities for state politicians to screw things up with new legislation in half. One of the big problems with this situation, however, is the status quo. With military spending on two wars “off budget” and federal debt out of control, today’s economic status quo is hardly a condition we should want to maintain. Personally, I think we need constitutional reform which would change the stranglehold on power which our two main parties currently enjoy. This would begin with campaign finance reform. We need to find ways to empower and amplify the voices of moderates and those seeking compromises, not just those extremists on either end of the political spectrum. Sent from my iPhone. Specifically, mobile blogged from Big Truck Tacos in OKC. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- LTE Data Speeds versus Hotel Wifi - 2015
- Industrial Farms, Cheaper Food & Healthy Eating - 2015
- Good Teachers Make a HUGE Difference - and PD is VITAL! [VIDEO] - 2013
- Pocket Casts: A Better Smartphone App for Podcatching (Podcast listening) - 2012
- Digital Storytelling with Pinnacle Studio for iPad - 2012
- NCLB Fulfilling Mission to Portray All Public Schools as Failing - 2011
- Comparing Electric Cars (October 2011) - 2011
- The backstory of Oklahoma State Question 744 - 2010
- Eliminating Mac Address Book Duplicate Entries - 2009
- Advancing eBook technologies - 2008