… show us your creative ideas for improving communities, schools and businesses so that Oklahoma remains a creative frontier. We invite all forms of creativity including, but not limited to, essay, video, photography, drawing, or mixed media.
For the past week, my three children have been thinking about and planning their video entries in the contest. Tonight we filmed them at home, using my iPhone 3GS, and I think (quite subjectively, of course) the results are spectacular! Both Sarah and Alexander created their videos in one take, Rachel took two takes. I’m quite proud of their communication skills as well as their ideas for encouraging creativity in our schools! I’ll be dropping these video entries off at the Oklahoman tomorrow to meet the contest deadline. Then we’ll keep our fingers and toes crossed – BIG prizes are on the line, both for the kids and their teachers!
Rachel, 1st Grade (Age 7) – The Importance of Art Class at School and Creativity
Sarah, 5th grade (Age 10) – Laptops, Creativity, and Trusting Students
Alexander, 7th grade (Age 12) – Legos, Creativity, and Schools
Videos cross-posted to Learning Signs, our family learning blog.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- The iPad Mobile Manager Saved My Life Today - 2014
- Is AT&T Mobile Share with Unlimited Talk & Text A Good Deal? - 2012
- Google Reader Post Sharing Still working with Mobile RSS - 2011
- Education in Oklahoma 2010 Elections: Barresi wins, 744 defeated - 2010
- Creativity and Innovation in Chinese Society and Schools - 2009
- Navigating challenges of public learning communities for students - 2008
- Archived Keynote and Co-Presentation with Miguel - 2007