As a Storychaser interested in amplifying voices not often heard in the mainstream media, I couldn’t resist an opportunity to interview UNT student Will Clark last week about the reasons he opposes his university paying $100,000 to former President George W Bush for a speech to students later in the month. Will also explained some of his reasons for advocating socialism and the overthrow of the capitalist system in the United States. As a student of political science myself, I was quite interested to hear his views, even though I did not agree with all of them.
I recorded this video on my own iPhone 3GS, and uploaded / shared this information from my own laptop computer and a private, non-university provided Internet connection. (I want to clarify this since I’m an employee this term of UNT as an adjunct instructor. No university computing resources or equipment were utilized in the recording, processing or sharing of this video or these photos.)
Check out further photos from Will’s booth at UNT on my Flickr set, “UNT Socialists.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Using ffWorks and FFmpeg for Video Compression - 2018
- Gangnam Style Videos: USNA vs USAFA vs Westpoint - 2012
- iPhoto '11 First Impressions - 2010
- Amazed by Student Creativity Using Scratch! - 2010
- RockMelt: A Chrome-based Browser for the Facebook Generation - 2010
- Riding the Shanghai Maglev at 267 miles per hour (431 km/hr) - 2009
- Boingo WiFi Charges in China - 2009
- Exploring, Learning and Communicating with Wordle - 2008
- The outboard brain, memory, transfer and learning - 2007
- Podcast203: Empowering and Protecting Tomorrow's Digital Citizens (with Miguel Guhlin) - 2007