This is very cool: An iPhone used to control an interactive game played on a HD television connected to an iPad.
It’s hard to believe this game (“The Incident“) is $1.99. (Of course you DO need a $500+ iPad, a $150+ iPhone, and a HD television of uncertain cost…) Still, there’s a big difference here between a $50 game for a Wii or XBox console and an iOS device…
Hat tip to @cabowabochris for sharing the TechCrunch article including this video, “Whoa, The iPad Is About To Become A Video Game Console Controlled By The iPhone.” Thanks to @cogdog and @GaryPHayes for the tweets and re-tweets which led me to the article link! I’m going to show this to my almost 13 year old son tonight. I’m sure he’ll be stoked to contemplate the possibilities!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- iCamp January 15, 2014 in Manhattan, Kansas: iPad Day! - 2013
- Preparing for STEM Lessons on Coding with Hopscotch for iPad - 2013
- Karl Fisch at the 2011 Innovative Learning Institute - 2011
- This is a LOT of computer monitors! - 2010
- Transforming Classroom Practice with 1:1 by Jenny Wojick, Andy Marks, Janet Parkerson, Virginia Glass and Kelly Goldberg - 2009
- Classroom Basics for 1:1 Computing by Shawn Massey and Wynn Draper-Bryant (Flint Community Schools, Michigan) - 2009
- 10 things you can do with a laptop (Gary Stager at eLearn09) - 2009
- Rachel's Haircut VoiceThread exceeds 15,000 views - 2008
- Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats: Responding to the Challenge by Nancy Willard - 2008
- Nancy Willard on CyberSafety Issues: Notes from Safe and Healthy Schools 2008 Oklahoma - 2008