In 1999, the Grape iMac G3 was a hot commodity.
Over Halloween weekend, my 6 year old and I almost “put down” my dad’s old iMac G3 (by formatting the hard drive.) We felt compelled to record a sort of memorial video to it, remembering the old glory of the OS 9 launcher, Oregon Trail, and more.
It turns out we needed an OS 9 system CD to format the drive, which I didn’t have at the time. On our next trip to Manhattan, I’ll probably put her to sleep. Bye, bye, grape iMac G3. You served our family well.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast 435: Reflections on Miami Device 2015 by Shelly and Wesley Fryer - 2015
- Reasons to Invest in Education - 2011
- 3 External Microphone Options for iPads (Nov 2011) - 2011
- Captions and Cross-References for Automatic Page Numbers in MS Word - 2011
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Article / School Tech Director Misrepresents CIPA - 2011
- Ready for the Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
- Learning about the amazing iOS Square Credit Card solution - 2010
- Accessing the web where URL shorteners don't work? Problem solved with Untiny - 2009
- Branching surveys and self-grading quizzes in Google Forms / Google Docs - 2009
- Ustream chat moderation lessons and Coursecasting opinions - 2008