Congratulations to Jerome Burg, a phenomenal California educator, Google Certified Teacher, and Apple Distinguished Educator recently recognized as a 2010 “Microsoft Education Award Laureate” for his geo-app mashup, Google Literature Trips. This 2.5 minute video summarizes Google Lit Trips and shares a bit of Jerome’s passion for this kind of geographic, literature mashup.
Last October I had the privilege to accompany Jerome and many other outstanding educators from around the world to participate in the 21st Century Learning Conference in Hangzhou, China. Our group has been circulating emails recently after the one year anniversary of our trip, and the following photos by Carl Owens were passed around this week. Jerome is the fifth person from the left in this photo in the back, just to the right of Milton Chen.
Jerome tweeted earlier this week that big changes are coming to Google Lit Trips. I’m betting it’s going to get EVEN better! Congrats to Jerome for this new, well-deserved recognition!
See my November 3, 2009 post, “Creativity and Innovation in Chinese Society and Schools” for more background on our trip to Hangzhou last October / November. You also can check out my podcast, “Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China.”
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Distributing a FREE eBook: Amazon, Apple, Smashwords and More - 2013
- Privacy, Sharing and Your Google Dashboard #gct - 2010
- Archive of today/tonight's #globaled10 Elluminate session: Share Your Ideas - 2010
- International Collaboration and Bluetooth Prosthetics in Oklahoma #cwf2010 - 2010
- Thoughtful teachers need to engage students collaboratively across the web - 2009
- K12Online09 LAN Party #3 Tonight! (22:30GMT/ 3:30pmPST/ 4:30pmMST/ 5:30pmCST/ 6:30pmEST) - 2009
- We must re-imagine our school cultures and end the madness of high stakes testing / standards-based reform - 2009
- Memo to Santa: Can you send me a Pico Pocket Projector early? - 2008
- Videoconference With Your Grandchildren - 2008
- My blog's slow response times and POWWEB mySQL issues - 2007