Congratulations to Jerome Burg, a phenomenal California educator, Google Certified Teacher, and Apple Distinguished Educator recently recognized as a 2010 “Microsoft Education Award Laureate” for his geo-app mashup, Google Literature Trips. This 2.5 minute video summarizes Google Lit Trips and shares a bit of Jerome’s passion for this kind of geographic, literature mashup.
Last October I had the privilege to accompany Jerome and many other outstanding educators from around the world to participate in the 21st Century Learning Conference in Hangzhou, China. Our group has been circulating emails recently after the one year anniversary of our trip, and the following photos by Carl Owens were passed around this week. Jerome is the fifth person from the left in this photo in the back, just to the right of Milton Chen.
Jerome tweeted earlier this week that big changes are coming to Google Lit Trips. I’m betting it’s going to get EVEN better! Congrats to Jerome for this new, well-deserved recognition! 🙂
See my November 3, 2009 post, “Creativity and Innovation in Chinese Society and Schools” for more background on our trip to Hangzhou last October / November. You also can check out my podcast, “Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Options for Distributing a FREE eBook: Amazon, Apple, Smashwords and More - 2013
- Privacy, Sharing and Your Google Dashboard #gct - 2010
- Archive of today/tonight's #globaled10 Elluminate session: Share Your Ideas - 2010
- International Collaboration and Bluetooth Prosthetics in Oklahoma #cwf2010 - 2010
- Thoughtful teachers need to engage students collaboratively across the web - 2009
- K12Online09 LAN Party #3 Tonight! (22:30GMT/ 3:30pmPST/ 4:30pmMST/ 5:30pmCST/ 6:30pmEST) - 2009
- We must re-imagine our school cultures and end the madness of high stakes testing / standards-based reform - 2009
- Memo to Santa: Can you send me a Pico Pocket Projector early? - 2008
- Videoconference With Your Grandchildren - 2008
- My blog's slow response times and POWWEB mySQL issues - 2007