Google web products have become essential to the ways I process and share information. Thanks to tweets from ALA_TechSource and B Ahrens today I learned about the Google Dashboard. It provides not only an overview of the different Google services utilized and connected to a particular Google Account, but also enables privacy and sharing options for these services to be changed.
This 2.5 minute video provides an overview of Google Dashboard.
Learn more about the Google Dashboard by reading Jacqui Cheng’s article for Ars Technica, “What Google knows about you and how to tweak it.” Google’s Privacy Center provides a wealth of information related to digital citizenship and Internet safety as well that’s worth checking out. The Google Privacy YouTube channel has 49 videos (as of this writing) focused specifically on privacy issues.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Options for Distributing a FREE eBook: Amazon, Apple, Smashwords and More - 2013
- Google Lit Trips by Jerome Burg: Microsoft Education Award Laureate #gct - 2010
- Archive of today/tonight's #globaled10 Elluminate session: Share Your Ideas - 2010
- International Collaboration and Bluetooth Prosthetics in Oklahoma #cwf2010 - 2010
- Thoughtful teachers need to engage students collaboratively across the web - 2009
- K12Online09 LAN Party #3 Tonight! (22:30GMT/ 3:30pmPST/ 4:30pmMST/ 5:30pmCST/ 6:30pmEST) - 2009
- We must re-imagine our school cultures and end the madness of high stakes testing / standards-based reform - 2009
- Memo to Santa: Can you send me a Pico Pocket Projector early? - 2008
- Videoconference With Your Grandchildren - 2008
- My blog's slow response times and POWWEB mySQL issues - 2007