VoiceThread provides a great way for students to provide “clickable” links to the websites where they originally found images used in their interactive digital stories. When editing an image in VoiceThread, click below the image in the thumbnail in the left column of the screen to add a title and link:
Then add the desired title and link. You’ll want to copy the link first from a web browser. It’s a best-practice for students to copy down the web addresses / URLs of websites where they find images they are using in projects AS they find them during the research process.
The final VoiceThread will show the image title and link when a visitor mouses over the lower right corner of thumbnail images in the VoiceThread.
Here is an example of a VoiceThread created by 4th grade Sarah in February 2009, about “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan. Attribution links are included for the images used in this project.
Cross-posted to the FAQs for T4T blog.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 3 WiFi Hotspots in our Car - 2015
- Give eBook Copies of Playing with Media to Educators at a Discount - 2011
- Stay Synced with Birthdays using Occasions for iOS and Facebook - 2010
- Learning about Philosophy with Younger Kids - 2010
- New Oklahoma Leaders Mistakenly Think Testing Focus Key to Educational Improvement - 2010
- Just In Time Video Tutorials for Final Cut Pro - 2008
- Converting and Editing DVD Footage with MPEG Streamclip - 2008
- K-12 Online reflections - 2006
- Private file sharing proliferates - 2006
- Dabble offers powerful webvideo search - 2006