Take nine minutes and watch educators Kevin Honeycutt and Howard Pitler demonstrate their musical creativity as well as skills on an iPhone and iPad in the video, “Tradigital Mini-Concert at AESA Conference.” Better yet, show this video your students and then together, discuss the creative possibilities demonstrated here!
The apps Kevin and Howard utilize in this amazing video are:
Kevin Honeycutt is a former high school art teacher from Inman, Kansas, and is one of the most inspirational (as well as talented) keynote speakers I’ve ever had the pleasure to hear in person. If organizers overlook him again for the 2011 ISTE conference in Philadelphia, they are crazy! Kevin’s professional home is ESSDACK in Hutchinson, Kansas. Follow him on Twitter: @kevinhoneycutt. If you’re looking for Kevin online, chances are good he’s not far from Plurk and the amazing online community, Art Snacks. Kevin completely redesigns his professional website (kevinhoneycutt.org) more often than anyone I know. Watch the above video and be amazed. From the same creative mind who brought us, “I Need My Teachers To Learn.” See any patterns here?!
Passion + Creativity + Great Teaching Ideas = Kevin Honeycutt.
I’m blessed to call him, “friend.” (And Yoda!)
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Snow Day in OKC: An iMovie Trailer and iMovie Theater Adventure - 2013
- Setting Up Blogging Buddies with KidBlog, Excel and a Google Spreadsheet - 2012
- Ask Your School Board Members to Take Your State Standardized Tests - 2011
- Six years of 1 to 1 learning in Floydada, Texas - 2010
- Why are URL shorteners blocked by some content filters, websites, and wifi providers? - 2009
- A. Philip Randolph: Service Not Servitude - 2008
- Using the Dialectial journal to Read Biography and Historical Novels - 2008
- Toussaint Louverture and the Haitian Revolution - 2008
- Links for today's Pearl Harbor webcast / videoconference - 2007
- A Phenomenal Day of Learning at Pearl Harbor and in Honolulu - 2007