This afternoon I helped my father in law get his new Apple TV setup. In addition to accessing Apple’s streaming content, he can now stream Netflix movies, watch YouTube videos, access all his photos, movies and music from his iMac, and also access Flickr photos on the living room television. Adding Flickr contacts was a bit tricky, however.
Thanks to this Apple Support Discussion post, we figured out you have to enter the name Flickr greets you with after you sign into your account, rather than your Flickr account name or email address.
He is most excited about watching NetFlix on his AppleTV, but also thrilled to have TV access to all the media on his computer. You have to enable “Home Sharing” on the AppleTV and in iTunes on your computer. To share photos, you need to enable photo sharing in iTunes under the advanced menu. Photo sharing settings in iPhoto are different and do not affect “home sharing” with AppleTV.
The age of IP-TV is upon us!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Results of Grade 4-5 Interactive Writing School Survey (Oct 2014) - 2014
- Introduce Students to Coding with Hopscotch for iPad - 2013
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced MinecraftEDU Challenges - 2013
- Milk Carton Recycling and Composting in Maine - 2010
- Professional Portfolio and Resume Ideas - 2010
- Share the gift of Doodle this holiday season - for FREE! - 2008
- Movie trailers for books - Too bad they are not cross-platform compatible or published to permit feedback - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication - 2007
- December 6th videoconference from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Broadband Boot Camp for Educators - 2007