On October 29, 2010, I shared a five minute “lightning talk” at OpenBeta5 in Oklahoma City at the Co-Working Collaborative, making a passionate case for why we need balanced content filtering in our schools. Thanks to the videography work of Opus Video Productions, that presentation is available on YouTube.
See my October 29th post, “#OpenBeta5 and Ideas for the Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook,” for more background, along with the referenced websites from the presentation balancedfiltering.org and Unmasking the Digital Truth.
One of my top new year’s resolutions for 2011 is getting this “Grade my school content filter” web application built and offered free for teachers, students and parents around the United States to begin using to catalyze change in support of balanced Internet content filtering in our schools.
I’m submitting this talk as a proposal for TEDxOKC on April 8, 2011. By that time, I hope the “Grade my Content Filter” web application will be available for use! Follow this project on Twitter: @balancedfilter!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast411: Going 1:1 - Planning for Success by Jake Heister - 2013
- 99¢ Podcast: Tell a Story in 5 Photos - 2011
- Envisioning a Cloud-based, Platform Independent Computing Future [VIDEO] - 2011
- KFC and McDonalds Reinvent Themselves - Why Not Our Schools? - 2009
- Using FeedForAll to update #k12online Podcast Channels - 2009
- Tracking computer use by application with Slife - 2008
- Consider 1:1 learning in Korea - 2007
- Add blog post to Google Reader shared items without subscribing? - 2007
- The greatest university of all - 2006
- 2nd rejected TechEdge article - 2005