My daughters, Sarah and Rachel, recorded this fourteen minute Cinchcast with me today discussing their initial experiences learning how to create with Scratch software from MIT. They discussed learning how to move Sprites, about costumes, loops, coordinate geometry basics, and more. Download Scratch for free from scratch.mit.edu.
Scratch resources from my Fall 2010 undergraduate course, “Computers in the Classroom,” are available on wiki.powerfulingredients.com/Home/cic/resources/scratch.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Exploring the Hobbit on iTunes University and Course To-Dos - 2013
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Podcast387: TechShoppingCart Episode 11 – Christmas 2011 Apps and Gadgets - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008
- 4 Year Old Perceptions of Christmas - 2007
- Why is consumerism bad? - 2004
- Technorati and Eric Wyatt's blog - 2004