Here is a wow statistic from the outstanding article, “APPLE V GOOGLE | More Intelligent Life.”
By the end of 2011 smartphones will outsell ordinary phones, and by 2012 they will outsell PCs. Cloud computing may well replace the system whereby our photos, songs, documents and everything else lived on our own personal devices.
This is one of the best articles I’ve read to date on the differences between Apple and Google, and provides good food for thought. Did you realize Android handsets started outselling iPhones in late 2010? No one can predict with certainty how the smartphone market will change in the years ahead with respect to operating systems, but it does seem incontrovertible that the smartphone market will continue to explode.
Are you publishing content yet which is optimized for the mobile web? If not, when are you planning to start?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- When Creative Musical Genius Meets YouTube - 2012
- Incredible Oklahoma City Christmas Lights Powered by Light-o-Rama - 2011
- The Dangerous Nexus of Cyber Charter Schools & For-Profit Curriculum Companies - 2011
- Standardized Test Results Obfuscate Real Learning - 2011
- We Learn What We Do - With Media Too - 2010
- IgniteOKC - Ubuntu Netbooks for All Learners - Now! - 2009
- What's going on with oil prices these days? (Challenge your students in 2009 to find out) - 2008
- Wrangling with email contact lists and Christmas card mass mailing options - 2008
- Schools should abandon no-fault punishment schemes - 2007
- Podcast106E: Draft for Review and Feedback - Safe Classroom Blogging - 2006