MobiTV is a application for smartphones which permits users, for a subscription fee, to watch live television including college football bowl games this week on ESPN.
The app itself is free, however a subscription fee ($12.99 for 1 month minimum) must be paid to view content including ESPN Live.
I was surprised I was NOT asked to re-enter my iTunes password to make this in-app purchase. If you download this app to your iPhone and let your kids use it, beware, these can be large in-app purchases to make on purpose or accidentally! Users are prompted to confirm purchases but don’t have to enter an account password.
The app is NOT available currently for the iPad, just for iPhone. Since we don’t get ESPN at home on our current DishTV “el cheapo” plan, $13 seems reasonable to pay for access to many of this week’s college bowl games.
I’ve known television was coming to my cell phone. Today for the first time, since we live in an AT&T 3G service area, it has. Waiting at the Vet for a report on our oldest golden retriever (who is now hospitalized with “pancreatitis”) it was great to get to watch the first half of the KSU v Syracuse game from Yankee Stadium.
As you might expect, the picture quality looks even better over a higher speed wifi connection (now that I’m home) but I am pleased with the 3G streaming quality also.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Living at Hogwarts with Apple Pencil and Google Home - 2018
- The 2015 EdTech Year in Review - Google Hangout On Air (Dec 31st) - 2015
- Upgrade to Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan" Options - 2015
- Restore or Move a Large mySQL Database with mySQLDumper - 2013
- Dave Ramsey on Strengths, Jobs, Entrepreneurship, Lifelong Learning & Persistence - 2011
- Lessons Learned Videoconferencing on the BlueJeans Network (Dec 2011) - 2011
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents: A new, lightly-edited podcast channel - 2010
- Praise for MobileRSS on the iPhone - 2009
- Toodledo: My quest for a web-based and iPhone friendly GTD organizer is over - 2008
- Upgrading multiple WordPress installations - 2007