On December 2, 2010, I had an opportunity to visit Yarmouth High School, in Yarmouth Maine, with a group from Sweden touring innovative schools in the state implementing 1:1 learning projects as part of the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI.) This tour was organized by leaders of the Maine International Center for Digital Learning (MICDL.) I am continuing to share a series of videos I recorded on the tour, and am creating an index page for these videos on wiki.wesfryer.com/videos.
In this video (1:19) taken from the start of our tour, Ben Nickerson, a senior at Yarmouth High School, welcomes our tour group and explains the format for our morning of learning alongside students and teachers.
In this 1:36 video, Ben explains how electronic collaboration at Yarmouth High School has made a wide variety of interactions easier and faster for students as well as teachers.
In this 1:23 video, Ben describes how students have increasingly taken on technology support roles during the school’s 1:1 learning project.
Many, many thanks to Alice Barr who facilitated this visit to Yarmouth High School for a great morning of learning!
Learn more from Ben Nickerson as well as Ben McNaboe, the hosts of the Ben & Ben show, by viewing their 2010 K-12 Online Conference presentatation, “The Ben N Ben Show: Promoting Student Voice through a Student Hosted Webcast.” Visit their show’s homepage on Google Sites to access and view all their past episodes: sites.google.com/site/bennbenshow.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Virtual Spaces Increasingly Shape Our Learning - 2016
- 2015 Classroom Challenge: STEM Curiosity Links - 2015
- Why We Cancelled Our Hulu Plus Subscription - 2012
- Entrepreneurial Traits and Skills To Nurture in 2012 - 2012
- Tweets and Photos from Astronauts in Space: Consider the Possibilities! - 2011
- K12Online09 on The Heartland Flyer - 2010
- Webapps as desktop apps with Prism and Fluid (site specific browsers - SSBs) - 2009
- Dinosaurs in Oklahoma and our initial museum iPod audio tour experience - 2009
- Updated content filtering wiki page - 2008
- Podcast213: Comparing Parental Control Options in Windows Vista and Mac OS 10.5 Leopard - 2008