This podcast is a recording of a presentation on November 9, 2009, by Leslie Wilson, chief executive officer of the One-to-One Institute and former co-leader of Michigan’s Freedom to Learn Project. Leslie shared this session at the 2009 Great Lakes 1:1 Computing Conference in Chicago. It was titled, “Leadership: The Critical Factor (for 1:1 success.)” As Leslie describes, the leadership factor, vision, and “the why” of one to one learning is one of the most critical pieces of a transformational learning initiative. A compelling, articulated vision for 1:1 learning is pivotal, along with the ability for leaders to connect that vision to the outside world. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links and more information about the One to One Institute and their outstanding annual conference.
- My text notes from this session
- The One to One Institute
- Bio of Leslie Wilson
- Project Red (1:1 research clearinghouse / resource – >40,000 pages of research)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (new podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why National Geographic on the iPad is Amazing - 2013
- Free 1 Year Bible on YouVersion - 2011
- Learning from Angela, Kern and Konrad - 2010
- Netbooks or eBook Readers for Students? - 2010
- Skype Virtual Guest Speakers and Collaboration wiki - 2009
- Resurrecting old conference notes before the days of blogging - 2009
- Podcast298: An Interview on Manitoba Morning Radio with Darren Kuropatwa about Numeracy, Literacy, Student Summary Blogging, Digital Learning and the K-12 Online Conference - 2009
- Paraphrased quotations from today's radio interviews in Winnipeg, Manitoba - 2009
- Encourage hands-on science inquiry! - 2008
- Blogging to order and control consciousness - 2007