I’m in the midst of uploading a slew of new photos to my Flickr account, which have accumulated on my iPhone since early December, as well as a few videos to YouTube. These are two favorite photos from my time in Denton, Texas, last semester teaching at UNT.
This is a photo of Kelly and I. Kelly worked at the Heritage Inns B&B in Denton, where I spent most Monday and Tuesday nights last semester. Kelly’s brother in law finished the night carrier landings phase of his navy training this fall, and among many other things it was great to learn about him and his journey of service to our country. I’ll miss Kelly this year. She moved back to California and no longer works at the Heritage Inns. If you ever need a B&B in the Dallas area, I highly commend it to you. John and Donna, the owners, are very nice and wonderful to work with.
Among other things, Kelly introduced me to the fantastic documentary, “Speed and Angels.” It’s available on Netflix, but doesn’t stream. If you have any interest in flying, military aircraft, the US Navy, or speed, this is a film you won’t want to miss.
This is a photograph with Dr. Gerald Knezek and his fall graduate statistics class at UNT. Dr. Knezek invited me to share a “practice run” of my dissertation proposal defense with his class, and we took this photo beforehand.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Embed Twitter Widget in Dot Net Nuke (DNN) Website - 2015
- Disadvantages of Openly Sharing Media - 2014
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab (1 to 1 Learning in Yarmouth, Maine) - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010