I’m in the midst of uploading a slew of new photos to my Flickr account, which have accumulated on my iPhone since early December, as well as a few videos to YouTube. These are two favorite photos from my time in Denton, Texas, last semester teaching at UNT.
This is a photo of Kelly and I. Kelly worked at the Heritage Inns B&B in Denton, where I spent most Monday and Tuesday nights last semester. Kelly’s brother in law finished the night carrier landings phase of his navy training this fall, and among many other things it was great to learn about him and his journey of service to our country. I’ll miss Kelly this year. She moved back to California and no longer works at the Heritage Inns. If you ever need a B&B in the Dallas area, I highly commend it to you. John and Donna, the owners, are very nice and wonderful to work with.
Among other things, Kelly introduced me to the fantastic documentary, “Speed and Angels.” It’s available on Netflix, but doesn’t stream. If you have any interest in flying, military aircraft, the US Navy, or speed, this is a film you won’t want to miss.
This is a photograph with Dr. Gerald Knezek and his fall graduate statistics class at UNT. Dr. Knezek invited me to share a “practice run” of my dissertation proposal defense with his class, and we took this photo beforehand.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab (1 to 1 Learning in Yarmouth, Maine) - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010
- Recovering lost iTunes Song Purchases (maybe) and iTunes Library Backups - 2010
- Eric Langhorst demonstrates the power of Google Videoconferencing in a US history classroom - 2009