In this three minute video, high school biology teacher Julie Raines describes a free “Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab” which her students in Yarmouth, Maine, were completing the day my daughter and I participanted in a tour of their school.
Check out Julie’s fantastic science curriculum wiki (yhs-raines.wikispaces.com) for additional links and resources. More videos from our tour of Yarmouth High School are available on wiki.wesfryer.com/videos.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Embed Twitter Widget in Dot Net Nuke (DNN) Website - 2015
- Disadvantages of Openly Sharing Media - 2014
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Good Memories from Denton and UNT - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010