In this three minute video, high school biology teacher Julie Raines describes a free “Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab” which her students in Yarmouth, Maine, were completing the day my daughter and I participanted in a tour of their school.
Check out Julie’s fantastic science curriculum wiki (yhs-raines.wikispaces.com) for additional links and resources. More videos from our tour of Yarmouth High School are available on wiki.wesfryer.com/videos.
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Learning about Glass Blowing in Santa Fe, New Mexico (videos) - 2011
- Podcast366: Interviews with Navy WWII Ace Ed Wendorf and Docents Aboard the USS Midway - 2011
- Good Memories from Denton and UNT - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010
- Recovering lost iTunes Song Purchases (maybe) and iTunes Library Backups - 2010
- Eric Langhorst demonstrates the power of Google Videoconferencing in a US history classroom - 2009