In this podcast conversation from March 2010, Kevin Honeycutt discusses the importance of adding meta information (tags) to videos, photos, and other pieces of media uploaded to social networking sites like Ning networks. Kevin explains “tags are ways to see things.” He explains how important it is to understand and use tags in today’s networked, digital environment, and gives advice about how to balance the need to create rules or guidelines for tagging, but also leave the door wide enough so people are encouraged to contribute. Kevin also explains his passion for the FREE Art Snacks learning community, and how he has cultivated that vibrant learning community since 2007. If you know ANYONE interested in art, drawing, and/or creativity, they need to know about Art Snacks. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to referenced resources.
- Website of Kevin Honeycutt
- Kevin Honeycutt on Twitter: @kevinhoneycutt
- Kevin Honeycutt on Plurk: @kevinhoneycutt
- Art Snacks
- ESSDACK: Educational Services and Staff Development of Central Kansas
- Tag (metadata) definition on WikiPedia
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices
- Celebrate Kansas Voices
- Celebrate Texas Voices
- Oklahoma City Co-Working Collaborative
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 2 Great (and free) Ways to Learn About Design Thinking - 2017
- Lessons Learned using Storycorps iPhone App for Family Oral History Interviews - 2016
- Tutorial: Creating a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2013
- NCCE and Seattle in February - 2008
- Welcome change to Twitter conversations - 2008
- Podcast30: The Case for Digital Storytelling - 2006
- Why Digital Storytelling? - 2006