Did you miss the State of the Union address by President Obama last night? This Wordle word cloud created with the text of the speech summarizes some of the emphasized themes.
The full speech is available on Whitehouse.gov. Note all the interactive features provided on that website. Among other things it shares the “official” Twitter hash tag for the speech and event, #sotu. Our president and his administration fully embrace the constructive power of social media as a communication platform. Where are school leaders in your community in their thinking about social media and learning in the classroom? Are your principals and superintendent on Twitter yet? Perhaps it’s time they joined the conversations and connected learning there?
For a shorter summary of the speech, check out coverage on CNN Student News today.
Hat tip to Tim Kane for sharing the link to this Wordle word cloud.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Academic Publishing and Relevance - 2014
- 5 Advantages and 5 Disadvantages to Consider Selling an eBook on Your Own Website - 2013
- Common Core Transition Ideas via Marzano - 2012
- A Touching Example of Family Digital Documentation - 2012
- Mountains, Gandalf, Mountains! #mtvision - 2011
- Arts Integration at Wilson Elementary in OKCPS - 2010
- Reflections on home content filtering and OpenDNS after a year of use - 2009
- Iran, Sovereignty, Colonialism and the Values of the West - 2009
- Digital Citizenship Video Q&A: Round 1 - 2008
- Talking about educational blogging with wider audiences - 2007