Did you miss the State of the Union address by President Obama last night? This Wordle word cloud created with the text of the speech summarizes some of the emphasized themes.
The full speech is available on Whitehouse.gov. Note all the interactive features provided on that website. Among other things it shares the “official” Twitter hash tag for the speech and event, #sotu. Our president and his administration fully embrace the constructive power of social media as a communication platform. Where are school leaders in your community in their thinking about social media and learning in the classroom? Are your principals and superintendent on Twitter yet? Perhaps it’s time they joined the conversations and connected learning there?
For a shorter summary of the speech, check out coverage on CNN Student News today.
Hat tip to Tim Kane for sharing the link to this Wordle word cloud.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Discussing ClassenSAS Future at Northeast Academy in OKCPS - 2019
- Academic Publishing and Relevance - 2014
- 5 Advantages and 5 Disadvantages to Consider Selling an eBook on Your Own Website - 2013
- Common Core Transition Ideas via Marzano - 2012
- A Touching Example of Family Digital Documentation - 2012
- Mountains, Gandalf, Mountains! #mtvision - 2011
- Arts Integration at Wilson Elementary in OKCPS - 2010
- Reflections on home content filtering and OpenDNS after a year of use - 2009
- Iran, Sovereignty, Colonialism and the Values of the West - 2009
- Digital Citizenship Video Q&A: Round 1 - 2008