Touch tablet computers like the iPad excel at showing off stunning photographs, and the free Fotopedia Heritage app provides a great demonstration of this capability.
By clicking the “i” icon for more info on a photo, users can view a description of official UNESCO World Heritage sites as well as Wikipedia info for locations.
Click the the globe icon to reveal a Google Map of locations. This particular mountain is in Mount Aspiring National Park on the South Island of New Zealand.
If you are having a snow or ice day this week in North America, take a free, virtual field trip via Fotopedia Heritage. The app also runs on iPhones and iPod Touches, but looks much more impressive on the iPad.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Facilitating Student eBook and Book Publishing with Book Creator and Lulu - 2020
- EdTech Situation Room on Wednesday Nights - 2016
- MinecraftEDU Tips: An iPad Narrated Slideshow Created with @HaikuDeck & @ExplainEvrythng - 2014
- OKC #wordpress Users Group Meetup Notes: Jan 2011 #okcwp - 2011
- Martin Institute's Spring Feast Conference in Memphis: 3-4 Feb 2011 #micon - 2011
- Interactive Digital Native Map and the What's Your Issue Videography contest - 2010
- Audio and Video Sync Problem with QuickTime Player 7 YouTube Upload - 2010
- PollEverywhere supports poll grouping - 2010
- Podcast223: Strengthening America's Foundation in STEM Education by Dr. Steven Beering - 2008
- Podcast222: Using Technology for Building Learning Communities by Alan November - 2008