If you’re an educator in or near Memphis, Tennessee, register to attend the Martin Institute’s 2011 “Spring Feast” Conference this week February 3-4. The schedule features four different workshop blocks, so attendees can gain hands-on experiences with learning strategies involving different digital technologies. The conference will be held at the Presbyterian Day School in Memphis.
I had an opportunity to participate in the fall 2010 Martin Institute Conference last September. Search my blog for #micon to view posts as well as podcasts from that outstanding event. The amazing doorprizes alone should get you to attend if nothing else! The executive director of the Martin Institute, Clif Mims, set the bar high with the conference last fall which included Ustream broadcasts as well as recordings of all sessions. Next to the EduCon Conference, #micon has made the most extensive use of free, live web streaming of any conference I’ve attended or read about to date. If you can’t attend in person, follow the #micon hashtag on Twitter this Thursday and Friday to follow the learning virtually.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- EdTech Situation Room on Wednesday Nights - 2016
- MinecraftEDU Tips: An iPad Narrated Slideshow Created with @HaikuDeck & @ExplainEvrythng - 2014
- OKC #wordpress Users Group Meetup Notes: Jan 2011 #okcwp - 2011
- Fotopedia Heritage for iPad #edapps - 2011
- Interactive Digital Native Map and the What's Your Issue Videography contest - 2010
- Audio and Video Sync Problem with QuickTime Player 7 YouTube Upload - 2010
- PollEverywhere supports poll grouping - 2010
- Podcast223: Strengthening America's Foundation in STEM Education by Dr. Steven Beering - 2008
- Podcast222: Using Technology for Building Learning Communities by Alan November - 2008
- Podcast221: Balancing Access and Freedom with Safety and Liability Protection - 2008