Did you watch the Super Bowl on television last night and see the Bridgestone “Reply All” commercial? David Zax’ article on February 3rd for FastCompany, “Super Bowl Ad Stories: How a Real “Reply-All” Faux Pas Yielded Comedy Gold” tipped me off this would be one to watch. The video is about an oh-so-easy to do email mistake, but it highlights issues relating to social media as well. Bridgestone has released two related videos on its official YouTube channel worth checking out: An extended (60 second rather than 30 second) version of the original commercial, and a 97 second “behind the scenes” video titled, “Reply All Video: “What’s in the Email?”
I’m going to share both of these during my keynote address tomorrow at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association’s annual conference, here in Jackson. You can follow the conversations surrounding the conference using the Twitter hash tag, #msmeca11. For more resources related to social media in schools, join (and contribute to) the Facebook group, “Social Media Guidelines for Educators.”
Have you ever made a “reply all” email mistake? Unfortunately I have. Those are stories we’re likely reluctant to make digital again!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Recorded Audio & Resources from my #otaem12 Presentations Today - 2012
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011