Today in Jackson, Mississippi at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association annual conference, I had an opportunity to hear Dr Randy Shaver and other members of his learning team at Tupelo Public Schools share the inspirational story of their community’s journey to 1:1 blended learning. Amazingly, this has taken place in the past TWO years without ANY grant funds or external funding. I recorded this session for an audio podcast, but also live-streamed via Ustream. The audio is a little quiet, and an SMS message interrupted my recording partway through, but hopefully these recordings will convey the energy, enthusiasm, passion, and GREAT ideas which were shared in this session. It is no mere coincidence Tupelo schools have partnered with Apple for their 1:1 project, and several visits to Cupertino for Apple Executive Leadership Meetings helped catalyze this project.
Did you see the “Intro. to ECON – iMovie” at the start of the 2010-2011 school year?” Mr. Bishop is a teacher in Tupelo schools. Whenever I see amazing creativity like this, I’m never surprised to see the platform the creator is using. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Mapping Media is now Show What You Know with Media - 2015
- An #etmooc Distributed Digital Storytelling Activity about Beauty - 2013
- Embed a MP3 Audio File in a WordPress.com Blog Post - 2012
- Face the Facebook: Implications and Consequences for Educators Using Social Media by Colin Webb - 2012
- Harnessing the Digital Landscape by David Warlick - 2012
- Look at Me Now! Changing the Face of Professional Development - 2012
- Learning About Notetaking on the iPad at @thedivorg via @ipadwithwes - 2012
- Podcasting & Mobile Media for Teaching & Learning by Larry Anderson #msmeca11 - 2011
- Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs #msmeca11 - 2011
- Choose teaching - 2010