This is a podcast recording of Dr. Carl Owens’ presentation, “Cool Tools for the Classroom,” at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association annual conference in Jackson on February 8th. Carl is a Professor and the Director of Technology at the College of Education, Tennessee Technological University. The official description of Carl’s session was: The session will explore many new and exciting tools for teachers who are using digital technology in the classroom. Participants will then select tools and explore their uses in the educational environment. These will include digital cameras, digital microscopes, podcasting tools, music creation tools, and a number of applications to enhance teaching and learning.
- College of Education – Tennessee Tech University
- My text notes from Carl’s session
- Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Powered Speaker System
- BassJump Subwoofer
- Snowball mic
- Snowflake mic
- Mikey and Mikey 2 for iOS device recording
- ProScope HR
- ProScope Mobile
- Eye TV Hybrid
- H.264 Video converter with hardware accelerator
- Elegato Video Capture solution
- Cable in the Classroom website
- Radio Shark
- Korg nanoKey
- Pulse LiveScribe SmartPen
- Krown Sign Language Translator
- Sanyo Exacti VPS FH1A DV camera
- Optoma Pico PK-101 DLP data projector
- Facetime video calls
- TTU write-up about Dr. Owens teaching from China
- Griffin USB Battery Pack
- GalaxyTab (Android tablet from Samsung)
- MixCraft (Garageband-like software for Windows OS computers)
- Florida Digital Educators Program
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Visualizing Sharing #edushare - 2012
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- To what countries have you Skyped? (from Mississippi) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010
- Bribery apparently not a "new argument" for the Oklahoma Supreme Court - 2010