The following three minute screencast demonstrates how to “subscribe” to a website as a new “channel” of information using Google Reader, and then organize or categorize that “feed” in a folder. Google Reader is a free news aggregator which can be used to create customized, digital newspapers. It integrates well into phenomenal applications like FlipBoard for iPad, but can be used on any mobile device as well as laptop/desktop computer with a modern web browser.
Google just updated its Android-based app for Google Reader this week.
This screencast was recorded for free using Screenr, and cross-posted to YouTube from Screenr. This was created for students enrolled in “Technology 4 Teachers” at the University of Central Oklahoma in Spring 2011. I’ve added this to my curriculum resources page for Google Reader.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Les Miserables 2012: A Powerful Film That Will Make You Weep - 2013
- Use Google to Identify Plagiarism & Teach How to Avoid Committing It - 2013
- An Attempt to Redefine "Educationally Appropriate Online Courses" in Oklahoma - 2013
- Save and Transfer YouTube Videos to an iPad - 2012
- Heartland eLearning Conference with Michael Wesch: 7-8 March 2011 in Edmond, OK #HeartlandConf11 - 2011
- Heartland eLearning Conference: 8-9 March 2010 - 2010
- Dan Pink and Clay Shirky: Online with Steve Hargadon - 2010
- Review of Ustream Producer by Dean Mantz - 2010
- Podcast302: Copyright for Educators (ITSC 2009 Portland) - 2009
- Copyright for Educators SlideShare with Audio - 2009