This is a podcast recording of a presentation by Joe Lambert and Wesley Fryer on digital storytelling at the 21st Century Learning Conference in Hongzhou, China on November 2, 2009. Our English presentations were translated as we spoke into Mandarin Chinese. Joe Lambert is the executive director of the Center for Digital Storytelling, based in Berkeley, California. Wesley Fryer is the executive director of Story Chasers Inc. based in Edmond, Oklahoma. The title of Wesley’s presentation, which came first in the presentation, was CCC in the 21C: Creating, Communicating, and Collaborating. The title of Joe’s presentation was The Place of Story, and it begins at the 40:30 point of this recording. A question and answer period was provided after the presentations. Links are provided in the podcast shownotes to additional resources related to these presentations and topics.
- The Center for Digital Storytelling
- Bio of Joe Lambert
- Digital Stories by the BBC in Wales
- Stories of Why Where Matters: The Placemeant Project County Map of Stories
- My text notes from Joe Lambert’s session, “The Place of Story”
- Podcast from March 2006 at the SITE Conference: Joe Lambert on Digital Storytelling
- My text notes from March 2006: Digital Storytelling – Giving Purpose to Pixels by Joe Lambert
- My podcast reflection following the Hangzhou conference: Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China
- Story Chasers Inc.
- Bio of Wesley Fryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Sleet Sledding: The Movie (fun with iMovie for iPhone Trailers) - 2013
- Narrate a SlideShow with ShowMe - 2012
- Create a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2012
- Marzano Causal Teacher Evaluation Model by Robert La Grassa - 2012
- Lessons Learned from Finger Puppet Theater on Vimeo - 2011
- 5th Grade Colonial Living History Museum - 2011
- Green Screen Effects in iMovie 09 - 2010
- Backchannels for videoconferencing and in the classroom - 2010
- NZ Travel Update: DFW - 2009
- iPhone Mobile AA Battery Charger Found - 2009