These are my notes from our OKC WordPress User’s Group meeting on 28 Feb 2011. I’ll edit this later and add links to referenced plugins and other sites. I Ustreamed this session and have linked/embeded the recorded Ustream archive below.
Lynn Dye extremevirtualsupport.comResources for WP by Lynn wordpress.tv started about 8 months ago Wordcamp TV
WP Weekly – www.wptavern.com
WordPress Podcast: wp-community.org – WordPress Podcast
dawpshow.com Woothemes wooville 5 where’s woo – cartoon of premium WP theme options New WordPress Bible is new, good book that came out in last 6 months Now hearing from Tim Priebe about the WordPress dashboard You can customize the blog posts which show up in your WP dashboard to show a different blog’s RSS feed (default is the official WP blog) 3.0 version includes new theme menus, you can use the custom menu widget to still display custom menus Always edit a local copy of theme and widget files, make a backup first Plugins to try – All in one SEO Pack
- Flexi Pages Widget
- Syntaxhighlighter evolved
- WordPress Mobile Pack
- WP Simple Paypal Shopping Cart
- WP Smush.it
- WP SIFR
- Shockingly Big IE6 Warning
- Theme My Login
- Shadowbox JS Yslow plugin for Firebug is good (for FireFox) Shopp is Tim’s favorite plugin for PayPal on WordPress now Tim uses Gravity Forms, but also still likes and uses Contact Form 7. Tim recommends BackupBuddy over default WP import / export menus Netbeans is a cross platform code editor that is great
- Francis Tuttle uses this for their student web design classes
- on windows it does have memory leak issues so you have to restart more often WP does now support nested comments but your theme must support it Under media options you can choose to make YouTube videos auto-embed (I had to leave a little early to pick up for Boy Scouts) Sent from my iPhone – originally blogged with the Notes app, links and video embed code added later with MarsEdit
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- Good reading on Artificial Intelligence - 2011
- Message for Oklahoma Christians: Muslims are NOT our enemies - 2010
- Posting iPhone Photos from Email to Facebook - 2010