These are my notes from our OKC WordPress User’s Group meeting on 28 Feb 2011. I’ll edit this later and add links to referenced plugins and other sites. I Ustreamed this session and have linked/embeded the recorded Ustream archive below.
Lynn Dye extremevirtualsupport.comResources for WP by Lynn wordpress.tv started about 8 months ago Wordcamp TV
WP Weekly – www.wptavern.com
WordPress Podcast: wp-community.org – WordPress Podcast
dawpshow.com Woothemes wooville 5 where’s woo – cartoon of premium WP theme options New WordPress Bible is new, good book that came out in last 6 months Now hearing from Tim Priebe about the WordPress dashboard You can customize the blog posts which show up in your WP dashboard to show a different blog’s RSS feed (default is the official WP blog) 3.0 version includes new theme menus, you can use the custom menu widget to still display custom menus Always edit a local copy of theme and widget files, make a backup first Plugins to try – All in one SEO Pack
– Flexi Pages Widget
– Syntaxhighlighter evolved
– WordPress Mobile Pack
– WP Simple Paypal Shopping Cart
– WP Smush.it
– WP SIFR
– Shockingly Big IE6 Warning
– Theme My Login
– Shadowbox JS Yslow plugin for Firebug is good (for FireFox) Shopp is Tim’s favorite plugin for PayPal on WordPress now Tim uses Gravity Forms, but also still likes and uses Contact Form 7. Tim recommends BackupBuddy over default WP import / export menus Netbeans is a cross platform code editor that is great
– Francis Tuttle uses this for their student web design classes
– on windows it does have memory leak issues so you have to restart more often WP does now support nested comments but your theme must support it Under media options you can choose to make YouTube videos auto-embed (I had to leave a little early to pick up for Boy Scouts) Sent from my iPhone – originally blogged with the Notes app, links and video embed code added later with MarsEdit
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Backyard Astronomy Laser and iPhone App - 2016
- Reflections on the Daddy Daughter Dance - 2015
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- Good reading on Artificial Intelligence - 2011