This evening was a magnificent time to have a window seat on my flight into Memphis, enroute to Montgomery. I don’t think these images can adequately render the spectacular scene I witnessed on our descent into a sea of interlaced clouds, as the red sun set in the west.
I took a short video as we actually descended below the cloud layer. I wish we could have remained just above the clouds longer, because you get an acute sense of speed doing this. I was reminded tonight of the summer of 1990 in Upper Heyford, England, when I had a chance to fly an F-111 right over the cloud deck above the Atlantic. That sensation of speed and control skimming the clouds at over 500 knots IAS was even more exciting than breaking the sound barrier / Mach 1 later in the incentive ride.
What an amazing treat it is to be able to fly, especially on a night such as this!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning at the March Oklahoma STEM Consortium Meeting - 2018
- CoWorking Spaces in Oklahoma City (March 2015) - 2015
- Impressed with Freshpaint App For Windows 8 (Microsoft Surface Tablet) - 2013
- How Can I Webstream an Event? - 2013
- A Creative ePub Audio Story Powered by Five Card Flickr Story - 2012
- Creating Educational Videos for YouTube by Marty Brandl - 2012
- Catherine Orenstein on the Power and Importance of Female Storytellers - 2011
- Guerrilla Health Message Marketing - 2011
- PSAs to stop texting and driving - 2010
- Blended Learning Jazz: Spontaneous, Improvisational, and Smooth by Curtis Bonk #heartlandconf10 - 2010