On March 9th, I posted some photos of an amazing sunset over a beautiful cloud deck over Memphis, Tennessee, in the post, “Sunset over a sea of clouds.” Today I shared (on Flickr) a 44 second video of our plane descending just below the cloud layer from that same evening.
It’s easy, as a regular traveler on airlines, to take the experience of flying for granted. What a marvelous thing it is to be able to fly, even as a passenger aboard a commercial airline! Flights like this which skim the clouds (even briefly) allow passengers to have a much more acute sense of speed.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Preparing for a Stopmotion Art Project - 2014
- Remove Background Audio Noise with WavePad - 2012
- Plant Your Flag in the Sand and Claim It - 2011
- Demonstrate iPhone / iPod Touch Applications with ScreenSplitr / DemoGod - 2010
- Just how many electronic whiteboards are school leaders buying? - 2009
- Big Chief Tablets ahead? - 2009
- Smart Technologies software request via Twitter - 2009
- Managing information streams in the attention economy - 2008
- Paying teachers for high student test scores is BAD policy - 2008
- Welcome Glen Bull - 2007