If you use a blog for any purpose, including a class blog students access, it’s VERY important to configure it with comment moderation enabled. One of the easiest (and free) ways to create a blog today and share rich media (images, audio and video) as well as text with hyperlinks is to use Posterous. When you configure a Posterous blog for comment moderation, and someone leaves a comment, you receive an email like the one below.
You can click the provided link in the email to moderate the comment, visit your Posterous site (after you’ve logged in) and choose to either approve or delete the comment.
For more details about setting up a moderated blog on Posterous, see my post and eleven minute screencast, “Set Up a Moderated Class Blog on Posterous” from TalkwithMedia.com. Also check out my conference presentation resources, “Share Your Ideas: Platforms for Publishing” for additional links / ideas.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tour of New Apple TV (March 2016) - 2016
- iPhone Tethering, Cellular Bandwidth Consumption, & the Home / School Internet Access Divide - 2011
- Open licensing of educational media content is KEY - 2010
- Help needed with WordPress Header Links CSS - 2010
- Tweet On: Microblogging can help you be more creative - 2010
- Podcast240: Travian Tips and Lessons Learned After Four Months Playing Online - 2008
- No medicine for you, the server is down - 2008
- Read/Write web political disruptions - 2007
- Evolving online security threats deserve more attention - 2007
- Thanks Glen! - 2007