Spots are still available for teachers, librarians, and other educators to register for Storychaser workshops in April 2011. These opportunities include:
- A “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 7-8 in Midwest City, Oklahoma, to be held in MidDel Public Schools
- A “Celebrate Texas Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 18-19 in Lubbock, Texas, to be held at ESC Region 17
- A “Celebrate Kansas Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 21-22 in Manhattan, Kansas, to be held at Kansas State University
In this two day workshop, participants learn how to use free software (Audacity and PhotoStory3 or iMovie) along with a “digital backpack” of equipment to create short, 3-5 minute videos shared online in our moderated learning community. Participants can either pay $500 to keep equipment or $250 to borrow equipment for the duration of the workshop. People interested in registering should complete our online form available on:
More information about the workshop and Storychasers is available on our FAQ page:
If you are interested in “volunteering your site” to host a summer 2011 Storychasers workshop in Oklahoma, Kansas or Texas, please contact Storychasers soon!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Create an All-iPad Class Radio Show with AudioBoo, Bossjock, GoodReader, & SoundCloud - 2013
- Sharing Apple iCloud Calendars and Google Calendars - 2013
- An easy case for digital curriculum: Weight - 2010
- Learning about password security early, individual student logins at school - 2009
- Digitizing my life - 2008
- Podcast141: Lessons Learned from K-12 Online 2006 - 2007
- Cyberwarfare capacity and partial quotations by journalists - 2007
- TeacherTube and Zamzar rather than YouTube - 2007
- Stop Cyberbullying: Move Out Into Mainstream Media - 2007
- McREL Podcasts, Del.icio.us & Switchpod - 2006