Spots are still available for teachers, librarians, and other educators to register for Storychaser workshops in April 2011. These opportunities include:
- A “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 7-8 in Midwest City, Oklahoma, to be held in MidDel Public Schools
- A “Celebrate Texas Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 18-19 in Lubbock, Texas, to be held at ESC Region 17
- A “Celebrate Kansas Voices” digital storytelling and oral history workshop April 21-22 in Manhattan, Kansas, to be held at Kansas State University
In this two day workshop, participants learn how to use free software (Audacity and PhotoStory3 or iMovie) along with a “digital backpack” of equipment to create short, 3-5 minute videos shared online in our moderated learning community. Participants can either pay $500 to keep equipment or $250 to borrow equipment for the duration of the workshop. People interested in registering should complete our online form available on:
More information about the workshop and Storychasers is available on our FAQ page:
If you are interested in “volunteering your site” to host a summer 2011 Storychasers workshop in Oklahoma, Kansas or Texas, please contact Storychasers soon!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- WordPress OKC Meetup Notes: March 30, 2015 - 2015
- Create an All-iPad Class Radio Show with AudioBoo, Bossjock, GoodReader, & SoundCloud - 2013
- Sharing Apple iCloud Calendars and Google Calendars - 2013
- An easy case for digital curriculum: Weight - 2010
- Learning about password security early, individual student logins at school - 2009
- Digitizing my life - 2008
- Podcast141: Lessons Learned from K-12 Online 2006 - 2007
- Cyberwarfare capacity and partial quotations by journalists - 2007
- TeacherTube and Zamzar rather than YouTube - 2007
- Stop Cyberbullying: Move Out Into Mainstream Media - 2007