Here is an opportunity for educational advocacy in these dark days for public education.
“A day to remind ourselves and our students that citizenship means asking questions, finding answers and standing up for what you believe in… and that education must mean that too.
Then, let’s document these truths, and continue the hard work of making a high quality public education accessible to all who want it.“
If you are in the Oklahoma City area and are interested in participating locally in this event, please contact me. I’m going to contact OEA and other members of our Oklahoma Creativity Project’s Education committee to see about organizing a venue somewhere in the city.
Hat tip to Lucy Gray for sharing this.
Sent from my iPad
Sent from my iPad
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Tornado Season is Here But Don't Look For an Oklahoma City Public Storm Shelter - 2014
- FOCU$ on Education Conference April 9th in 7 Oklahoma Locations - 2013
- iPads and iPod Touches in Kansas Elementary Classrooms (video) - 2011
- Learn about Apps for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch in Oklahoma City April 15th - 2011
- Kids are the real customers in schools: We need to LISTEN to them! - 2011
- Focus on Creating New Things, Not Just Fixing Broken Old Stuff - 2011
- Our iPad Launch Day Adventure: A Photo Essay - 2010
- The Tyranny of Oil, The Danger of Unregulated Markets, Power, and Populism - 2009
- Amazed by the power of mobile applications - 2008
- links for 2008-04-04 - 2008