Twitterfeed is a free service which (among other things) lets users automatically publish blog posts to a Facebook page. As the name implies, Twitterfeed can also be used to automatically post content to Twitter. I’ve found its capabilities unique, however, since it allows publishing of a web feed to a Facebook PAGE instead of just a Facebook personal profile. This is handy when folks in an organization want to post content one time (in this case, to a blog) and have that content cross-post other places for maximum visibility and minimum effort. I’m sure there are other ways to do this, and if you achieve this same functionality with another service or technique please let me know in the comments!
In the following five minute screencast, I demonstrate this process. This requires several things:
- A free account on Twitterfeed
- An active Facebook account, which has admin / administrator rights over at least ONE Facebook page (this can be a page you created or someone else created and later made you an admin on)
- The web feed address of a blog you want to auto-update to the Facebook page
I cross-posted this Screencast to YouTube as well.
Hat tip to Dean Shareski for sharing Twitterfeed and it’s powerful capabilities a few months back!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comparing Sharing Spaces: Google Classroom and SeeSaw - 2017
- The Post-PC Age is Upon Us - 2013
- Teaching with an iPad in Minnesota About Playing With Media - 2012
- Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity - 2010
- No iPad Keynote Importing for Keynote '08 - 2010
- Quickly make a PowerPoint slideshow with 200+ photos - 2010
- Help make EduBloggerCon09 fantastic: Join the live conversation Saturday! - 2009
- Podcast243: Solutions for High School Reform Efforts in the United States (Part 1) - 2008
- Meaningfully addressing underage alcohol drinking - 2008
- Tips for avoiding identity theft - 2008