This podcast is a reflection from the road by Wesley Fryer following the morning sessions of the 2011 Intellectual Warrior’s Conference held at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, on April 12th. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to Wesley’s presentation slides (on SlideShare) for his opening address, “Effective Uses of Educational Technology: Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military” as well as text notes from other morning presenters.
- Effective Uses of Educational Technology: Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military (Slides on SlideShare)
- Tony Wagner discussing learning at the 2011 Intellectual Warrior’s Conference
- Military Development at West Point by Col Casey Haskins
- Application of OBTE Principles by Randal Wickman
- US Army Moving to Embrace iPhones, iPads, and Blended Learning (28 March 2011)
- US Army Deploying iPhones (15 Dec 2010)
- Army Learning Concept 2015 (YouTube)
- The U.S. Army Learning Concept for 2015 (72 page PDF report)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Glimpsing the Future with Alec Ross - 2016
- Strong Reactions to Today's Note on Makeup Work - 2015
- In Oklahoma Education, We Have to Stop Pretending - 2015
- Photos from #mobile2012 in Phoenix, Arizona - 2012
- Education as a Superstructure by Graham Brown-Martin - 2012
- iGeography by Jenny Ashby (Workflows for Learning with iPads) - 2012
- Combining 21st Century Skills, Project Based Learning, and iPads - 2012
- Collaboration in Hand with iPads by Tony Vincent - 2012
- Cognitive dissonance from the school internet filtering message - 2010
- Podcast343: Reflections on Race to the Top, State Charter School Laws, and Linking Teacher Performance to Student Test Scores - 2010