The current TMobile advertisement for their 4G network data plans, “Step Up to Nationwide 4G Without Losing Your Shirt,” is pretty funny– particularly their portrayal of the AT&T exec. The setup for the advertisement is a direct play on Apple’s “Get a Mac” ad campaign featuring John Hodgman as PC and Justin Long as Mac. In this case, Carly Foulkes is the spokeswoman for TMobile. There is considerable irony in this jab at AT&T now, considering the announced buyout of TMobile by AT&T announced March 20th. Something tells me AT&T will be taking this ad campaign off air and offline once that buyout is finalized… or maybe sooner? Ads like this which are humorous spinoffs on existing, successful ads make for effective marketing. Clever creativity, which also happens to be funny. Marketing in our attention economy doesn’t get much better than this from the consumer perspective.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How Much Should Teachers Share Online? - 2016
- Configure WordPress to auto-correct HTML nested tag errors - 2011
- Science is a Contact Sport with the Brightest Minds in the World @GovInternships - 2011
- Lucrative rewards of viral videos encourage parents to put their children on YouTube - 2010
- Podcast346: Discussing Digital Literacy with Educators in the New Literacies Collaborative - 2010
- Discussing Digital Literacy with the New Literacies Collaborative at NC State - 2010
- Film on the Fly - Earth Day Contest Starts Monday! - 2009
- Storm Stories from Texas and Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast246: A Tech Talk for Retirees by Eric Hileman and Wesley Fryer - 2008
- Be wary of saying it with email - 2008