Today in our “Celebrate Texas Voices” workshop for Storychasers in Lubbock, Don Wilson and I showed teachers how they could use any cell phone supporting 3 way calling and the free website, iPadio.com, to record an audio interview with another person. Of course, as is the case with all audio recording, it’s important to get permission FIRST from the individual you’re interviewing to both record the interview AND share it online. This evening, Don helped me create a short, five minute screencast demonstrating the steps for using iPadio and a cell phone to:
- record a phonecast
- download it to your computer
- import it into Audacity for editing
Because of some issues with a frayed iPhone USB cable, I ended up trying to record this screencast about ten times tonight. The end of this final screencast attempt was slightly cut off, but I decided to just go with it instead of trying to record this YET AGAIN! Please forgive the lack of professional closure on this screencast. 🙂
More information about hosting and “volunteering your site” to host a Storychasers’ workshop is available on the FAQ page of the Storychasers’ blog.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Engaged, Educated and Impressed by the Museum of the Bible in Washington D.C. - 2018
- Upload Videos Using the iPhone YouTube App - 2017
- Book Review: "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens" by danah boyd - 2014
- Interactively Explore Population Pyramids - 2013
- Bark Buddy iOS Game Development Begins with GameSalad - 2012
- Create a Moderated Classroom Phonecasting Channel with iPadio - 2011
- Proposed K12 virtual school legislation in Florida a sign of things to come - 2011
- Openness is the only means of doing education - 2010
- What's magical? A bluetooth keyboard and an iPad - 2010
- Tools for facilitating PBL? - 2008