http://twitter.com/cchausis Kindle is the only platform which currently can’t read ePub format Project Gutenberg is a great place to find content (available in ePub, Kindle and other formats)
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page Advantages of ePub
– can search, change font size, highlight and annotate IBooks for iPad let’s you email your notes Nook app for iOS doesn’t give you free access to all Barnes and Noble books in the store to ALL available ebooks like you can on a “real” Nook when you are in the store Harper Collins currently limits a library to 26 virtual checkouts of an an ebook title via Overdrive Sites for creating and using ePubs Future of the Book blog resources
http://2epub.wikispaces.com/ Teaching,creating and sharing mobile content for eReaders using ePub format
http://2epub.wikispaces.com/ 2ePub is conversion site
http://www.2epub.com/ Charlene’s tutorial on using Apple Pages to create ePubs
http://tinyurl.com/pages2epub http://www6.district125.k12.il.us/staffdev/tutorial/Using_Pages_to_Create_ePu… Great website for ePub ebook content http://www.epubbud.com $5 ISBN numbers from ePubBud
http://www.epubbud.com/isbn.php Apple has a very nice template for creating an ebook, you can drop your multimedia in Citizenu.org recently had published ePub examples: Making Government Tenable
http://civitas88.blogspot.com/2011/04/making-american-government-tenable-now…. In Apple Pages when you insert media to a doc you want to export as ePub, make sure you choose “in-line object” so it will export Charlene’s school tries to keep ePub files down to 20 MB in size Al Gore’s New book is an ebook leveraging a lot of the power of ebooks on the iPad (currently) http://ourchoicethebook.com/ http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/app-stars-push-pop-press/ Great ebook and ePub resources page via @cchausis http://futureofthebook.blogspot.com/p/links.html #tltechforum Tip for iOS app SimpleNote: if kids use the same account in a class everyone can share notes recommended reading from @cchausis Al Gore Invents a Showpiece E-Book http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/al-gore-invents-a-showpiece-e-book/ CK12 can output created eBooks online (free)
http://www.ck12.org/flexbook/ Sent from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- Encouraging 5th Grade Writing with Benny the Mastiff & KidBlog in Piedmont, Oklahoma - 2013
- STEM and Scratch Resources (May 2013) - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Waiting for a Cator Tweet - 2011
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008