In writing today’s post, “Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA?” I noticed Karen Cator (current U.S. Department of Education’s Director of Education Technology) has a Twitter account but has never Tweeted.
The dynamics of serving in an appointed, government role like Karen’s are obviously multi-faceted. We certainly have more “lurkers” than “contributors” online across all demographics. It’s been interesting, since our new state leaders took office in Oklahoma this past January, to see our new state superintendent (Janet Barresi) utilize Twitter on an almost daily basis.
I wonder what guidelines our elected and appointed officials at the federal as well as state levels receive (or perceive) regarding the uses of social media?
Hopefully we’ll start reading Twitter updates from Karen Cator soon! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- Encouraging 5th Grade Writing with Benny the Mastiff & KidBlog in Piedmont, Oklahoma - 2013
- STEM and Scratch Resources (May 2013) - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008