A few virtual tickets are still available for the all-day workshop I’ll teach both over video and in person Wednesday, May 11th on Google Docs. The official workshop title is, “Google Documents, Spreadsheets, Forms, Presentations & Drawing BYOL Workshop.” Instead of using Ustream.tv for virtual participants, this week I’ll be using the Blue Jeans Network for the first time. This will permit remote participants to connect to our class using EITHER H.323/IP videoconferencing equipment (Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize, etc) OR Skype from a laptop, desktop, or handheld device like an iPad or iPhone. My scheduled Blue Jeans Network connections are listed on http://bluejeans.com/wfryer, but passcodes (available to registrants) are required to join the actual calls. We’ll have a short test call tomorrow afternoon, and the full day workshop is Wednesday. If you and at least one other person in your school / organization is interested in attending virtually, please register as soon as possible. Only three more virtual registration slots are available. If you can attend in person in Claremore, Oklahoma (just outside of Tulsa) you’re welcome to register and attend as well. We’ve got plenty of room for more face-to-face attendees!
The full workshop description is available on googletoolstulsa.eventbrite.com. To read more about my initial perceptions of Blue Jeans Network conferences, check out my April 16th post, “Multipoint Videoconferencing: H.323 & Skype on the Blue Jeans Network.” I’m eager to see how everything goes for virtual participants in Wednesday’s workshop. My sense is that Blue Jeans Network conferencing is a real game changer, and may be something I’ll do a lot more of in the weeks and months ahead!
“Get your device, get online, let’s meet in the cloud!” That’s a plan for 21st century PD!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Configure Autoposting to a WordPress Blog from Emails via Posterous - 2011
- Thinking today's college eTextbooks are cheaper? Maybe not - 2010
- Pleased with VGA-out capabilities of PaperDesk LITE for iPad - 2010
- OU K-20 Center Supports Constructive WebCam Use in Oklahoma Schools - 2009
- Fire teachers at will legislation in Oklahoma vetoed by Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry - 2009
- New Macbook hard drive bliss - 2008
- links for 2008-05-09 - 2008
- iPhone disappearing photos workaround found! - 2008
- Fun learning math while conquering a foreign village - 2008
- Podcast152: Thrive in 2065: Reinventing Schools for the 21st Century - 2007