The new student collaboration spaces in the library at Texas Tech University offer great opportunities for student collaboration and a digital sharing. Multiple large displays, multiple “hockey puck” VGA laptop connectors, webcams and 360 degree H.363 videoconferencing equipment are some of the highlights. I want my home office to look this good and have such robust, digital communications options!
I recorded a short video today in the library using my iPad2 and iRig mic, showing some of the features and capabilities of these great student learning spaces!
What are the collaborative learning spaces in your local school library and public library looking like these days? Perhaps it’s time they had a facelift! You might consider taking some notes from the work of the great learning space designers at Texas Tech!
Thanks to Karissa Greathouse, the amazing Blackboard instructional designer and support specialist at the TTU Teaching, Learning and Technology Center, for showing me these great learning spaces today! Thanks also to a visiting student who agreed to serve as an impromptu videographer for me!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Elementary STEM Idea Sharing (May 2013) - 2013
- Quickblogging Options: Comparing tumblr and posterous - 2010
- Visualizing Digital Storytelling PD with Wordle - 2009
- How can I import MPG files into iMovie - 2009
- Why should middle school students blog? - 2009
- Inside the K-12 Online Conference: Episode 1 - 2008
- Teaching in May: The best of days, the worst of days - 2007
- Happy Mother's Day! - 2007
- Lithium powered smart cars - 2006
- Mirando a las Estrellas (Look to the Stars) - 2005