The new student collaboration spaces in the library at Texas Tech University offer great opportunities for student collaboration and a digital sharing. Multiple large displays, multiple “hockey puck” VGA laptop connectors, webcams and 360 degree H.363 videoconferencing equipment are some of the highlights. I want my home office to look this good and have such robust, digital communications options!
I recorded a short video today in the library using my iPad2 and iRig mic, showing some of the features and capabilities of these great student learning spaces!
What are the collaborative learning spaces in your local school library and public library looking like these days? Perhaps it’s time they had a facelift! You might consider taking some notes from the work of the great learning space designers at Texas Tech!
Thanks to Karissa Greathouse, the amazing Blackboard instructional designer and support specialist at the TTU Teaching, Learning and Technology Center, for showing me these great learning spaces today! Thanks also to a visiting student who agreed to serve as an impromptu videographer for me!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Excellent Videos on Hawaii Volcanos to Share with Students - 2018
- Share iPad-created eBook with DropBox - 2014
- Act Today to Encourage Teachers at Crutcho Public School - 2014
- Elementary STEM Idea Sharing (May 2013) - 2013
- Quickblogging Options: Comparing tumblr and posterous - 2010
- Visualizing Digital Storytelling PD with Wordle - 2009
- How can I import MPG files into iMovie - 2009
- Why should middle school students blog? - 2009
- Inside the K-12 Online Conference: Episode 1 - 2008
- Teaching in May: The best of days, the worst of days - 2007