Storychasers is pleased to announce registration is open for SEVEN digital storytelling workshops in Oklahoma and Kansas in June and July 2011. These workshops for Celebrate Oklahoma Voices (COV) and Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) will be held the following dates in different locations:
- COV 1-2 Jun 2011 Muskogee, Oklahoma (2 sessions)
- CKV 14-15 Jun 2011 Greenbush, Kansas
- CKV 20-21 Jun 2011 Andover, Kansas
- COV 23-24 Jun 2011 Stillwater, Oklahoma
- CKV 28-29 Jun 2011 Haysville, Kansas
- CKV 25-26 Jul 2011 Greenbush, Kansas
These dates are listed on our Storychasers’ Public Events Google Calendar:
A “digital backpack” of digital storytelling supplies is included in the registration cost. Our workshop lasts two days, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm each day, and costs $500 to attend. Participants learn to create a 3 to 5 minute digital story / video using a digital audio recorder, Audacity software and either PhotoStory3 or iMovie, depending on the computer platform used. (We teach both Windows and Macintosh users!) More details about our workshops and information about Storychasers is available in our FAQ.
To register for an upcoming Storychasers workshop, please fill out the “Storychasers Workshop Registration Inquiry” form online. After we receive your request, we will send you a Google Form registration link so you can enroll in your desired workshop. Our mailing address and W-9 form are available on our contact page if you need that information for your school purchasing department. Workshop payments can be submitted via school PO, check, or credit card. If you have professional development funds remaining in an existing grant or school technology bond initiative, we would love to work with you to provide Storychasers digital storytelling training for as many of your teachers as possible.
Remember ANYONE can “volunteer a site” to host a Storychaser workshop. More information and an online request form is available on our FAQ page. Storychasers now supports Celebrate Oklahoma Voices (COV,) Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) and Celebrate Texas Voices (CTV.) Over 880 videos created by teachers and students have been shared on our learning communities to date, and we look forward to many more this summer!
Please contact Storychasers if you have questions about our workshops. We’re serious about “empowering digital witnesses” to share their voices constructively on the global stage of the Internet! We hope you’ll join us in this important work in our communities.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast441: iPads in Maker Studio by Shelly Fryer (May 2016) - 2016
- Clear Signs of Digitally Connected School Leaders - 2015
- Remove Disqus "Around the Web" Ad Images and Links from Your Blog - 2014
- Web-based, Open Source Project Management Software Options - 2010
- BoxBe Courtesy Messages Discontinued - 2009
- Podcast317: Comparing Drop.io and Gabcast for Cell Phone Digital Recording - 2009
- An evening when DNS knowledge came in handy - 2009
- Military bloggers: Operational security risks or information warriors for transparency and truth? - 2009
- links for 2008-05-17 - 2008
- Web-based animation, video and storytelling options grow - 2008