If you are in or near the Oklahoma City metro area, consider attending the 7th Annual American Indian Learner’s Conference this Saturday, May 21st at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond. The $75 registration fee covers lunch and supplies. Details are available in the conference PDF, available on the website of the Oklahoma Center for Arts Education.
I’ll be sharing a breakout session at the conference after lunch on technology integration, and will focus on “Simple Ideas for Powerful Sharing” using the website TalkWithMedia.com. I’ll also share digital storytelling examples from “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” and discuss how people can get involved with upcoming summer workshops offered by Storychasers in Oklahoma as well as Kansas. Many thanks to Ines Burnham and the planning committee for the conference for their hard work and the invitation to participate. Please join us Saturday in Edmond at UCO if you can!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Inspire Your Students with the 2017 Google I/O Opening Animated Video - 2017
- Rocket Time! (an iPhone iMovie Trailer) - 2014
- Redeeming the Family: Blessing Children of Incarcerated Parents - 2013
- Rise Up Oklahoma City: Support Our Public Schools! - 2012
- Brainstorming PlayingWithMedia.com with Popplet - 2011
- How are you addressing the digital participation gap? #newlearningculture - 2011
- Scratch, Stopmotion, Lego Robotics, Worm Farming and more at Kids College in Altus - 2010
- Digital audio recorder quest: affordable, powerful, compatible (May 2010) - 2010
- First geocaching experiences with our Garmin eTrex Legend HCx - 2008
- Podcast155: A Primer on Network Security for School Leaders (Part 1) - 2007