I love this quotation:
More and more, the big ideas are going to come from passion projects, not necessarily classrooms, and that enthusiasm ultimately is what will drive innovation, said Make’s Dougherty.
To me this perspective doesn’t diminish the importance of schools or our classrooms, but it should encourage us to think differently about what we do in spaces for “formal learning.” Is your curriculum wide enough that it can provide room for students to connect with, deepen their knowledge of and share topics about which they are passionate? If not, perhaps you need to find a new curriculum.
Read the entire article:
Want Kids to Win the Future? Turn Them Into Makers
Thanks to Matt Montagne for this share!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Communicating with Elected State Representatives via Social Media - 2016
- A Transformed Political Culture in Oklahoma #transformOK #OklaEd - 2016
- Set Your Default YouTube Upload Channel - 2015
- Why Your School Needs a Scratch Club [VIDEO] - 2013
- Help My Son's Debate Teacher Whose Home Was Destroyed by the Moore Tornado - 2013
- Scratch Camp in Edmond, Oklahoma: June 8-9, 2012 - 2012
- iPad Notetaking: NOT Impressed with PaperPort Notes App - 2012
- Dropped iPad - 2010
- Why Storychasing is relevant for all educators - Contextual learning about copyright is important - 2009
- Burning a DVD of a web-based video quick - 2009