This podcast includes a twenty-three minute excerpt of the Studio46 Podcast from May 13, 2011, published by the Edmond Sun newspaper and Oklahoma Christian University. Dr. Brian Bush, Executive Director of Oklahoma Christian’s Academy of Leadership & Liberty in Edmond, is the host of the Studio46 podcast and interviewed Wesley Fryer for the final portion of the May 13th show. Following a panel discussion about recent education reform legislation signed into law in Oklahoma in May 2011, Brian asked Wesley the following questions: How did you get interested in educational technology? Are standardized tests the right measure for student learning in our schools? How is the development of Smartboards affecting learning in our schools? Tell us about one to one laptop learning programs in Oklahoma schools. What do you think of Oklahoma superintendent Janet Barresi’s 3R’s agenda for school reform? What is a better way to provide accountability and good learning outcomes in our schools rather than high stakes testing? Is the law ending social promotion at 3rd grade in Oklahoma schools a good thing? Is the new law providing a letter grade for each Oklahoma school, measuring their performance, good for educational reform in our state? Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to the Studio46 podcast and other referenced websites. Many thanks to the Edmond Sun and Brian Bush for this opportunity to discuss educational politics and school reform issues in this public venue.
- The Studio46 Podcast
- May 13, 2011 Studio46 Podcast on Podbean
- The Edmond Sun newspaper
- Oklahoma Christian’s Academy of Leadership & Liberty
- Dr. Brian Bush at Oklahoma Christian University
- 3R Agenda of Oklahoma State Superintendent Janet Barresi: Rethink. Restructure. Reform.
- Common Core State Standards Agenda
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast Channel
- Contact Wesley Fryer
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Upgrade a Verizon Hotspot for $22 Without a New Contract - 2015
- Podcast424: Lessons Learned Coaching PreK Teachers in iPad 1 to 1 Classrooms with Gail Lovely - 2015
- Why You Want to GateKeep Your Teen's iOS Apps - 2015
- Substitute Wood for Coal in Minecraft - 2014
- 5th Graders Enjoy Interactive Writing on KidBlog - 2013
- Back to the Future Opening Scene: Marty McFly Experiences Amplifier Power [VIDEO] - 2012
- Use Tweet Nest to Create a Personal Twitter Information Trap - 2012
- Storychaser digital backpack to Haiti - 2010
- Thank you, President Obama, for banning torture and working to uphold U.S. Constitutional values - 2009
- WordPress plugins for a new blog - 2009