Websites like AudioBoo, Cinch, and iPadio which permit “no-edit” audio recording and publishing can be utilized in extremely constructive, powerful and creative ways. I’m finishing up my chapter on Audio tools for my first eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing,” and I’m using an AudioBoo my daughter, Rachel, recorded at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, as an introductory example. Rachel was five when she recorded this. Taken by itself, the accompanying photograph shows the shadow of something below the water, and a side profile of a young child looking over the railing.
Combined with an audio recording made at the time, however, this photograph can “say” much more.
I created a 90 second screencast of this AudioBoo using Screenflow software, so I could embed this file into my ePUB eBook. It’s also shared on YouTube. I included some explanatory text boxes in the screencast which provide some additional information about the features of AudioBoo. One of the best: It’s entirely FREE!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Audience Feedback at iPadPalooza 2016 - 2016
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions - 2015
- YouTube Now Supports Creative Commons BY Video Licensing #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Dreams of Open, Wireless Broadband Access and High Speed Rural Connectivity - 2011
- Online video editing with Kaltura and Stroome - 2010
- Ready to webcast and podcast NECC 2009 and discuss K12Online09 at EduBloggerCon - 2009
- No Partnership for 21st Century Skills Speaker's Bureau Membership for me - 2009
- OKC Bombing, Underground Chinatown in Oklahoma, Veteran Stories, and an Amazing Adoption from Russia - 2009
- An Oklahoma, USA to Winnipeg, Canada Connection: Indian Jack Jacobs - 2009
- Copyright Resources from Temple University - 2008